Summer Camp Postponed Until 2021


Dear Hope Haven Community,

We hope everyone’s families are staying safe and healthy.

The coronavirus and corresponding state guidelines continue to challenge us to look to God and consider new ways to serve young people for the cause of Christ. We want to assure you that, in the midst of this upheaval, Hope Haven stands firm. We are committed to continuing to nurture children and strengthen families, no matter what challenges are faced.

What our services look like will no doubt evolve as the emergency continues to unfold, and health
guidelines and local restrictions are updated.

Right now, for the safety of all on our campus and in response to government guidelines, we are:

1. Asking that staff members who are sick or in a high-risk category stay home.
2. Following strict hygiene standards.
3. Closing our office to visitors. Please do not come on campus unless you have a previously made appointment.
4. Cancelling the scheduled six weeks of summer camp.

At this point, we are prayerfully considering what form this summer’s camping season will take. We will continue to pray and monitor COVID-19 developments. The safety of the campers and our staff is of utmost concern. We are no long accepting employment applications or camper registrations for this summer. Registration fees will be refunded upon request or may be applied to preregistration for summer camp 2021 (please notify us at camp@ummnorva.org).

For those who have applied to serve the Lord at Camp Hope Haven this summer, we are thankful for your desire to give your summer to serve children. God has a wonderful plan for your summer. We will be in contact concerning camp opportunities and expanded Switchback events.

Be in prayer for discernment of God’s will, the Hope Haven staff, and our nation. One beautiful truth we can hold to is God is in control. No matter what is going on in the world, coronavirus or otherwise, God is still moving for His glory and His good pleasure.

Hope Haven Staff

Diana JohnsonSummer Camp Postponed Until 2021
read more